Thanks for commenting, Maggie. Time for some cheer (the field of green). We had another mild winter here, and things have been blooming and sprouting away for quite a while now. However, just last night we had a light freeze, right after I'd finished pruning and planting a few things!
Classically poignant in a modern context. Line 3 makes a perfect pivot, allowing the poem to be read in several different ways and adding to its openness.
Nice, Janet . . . and I love your background field of green!
ReplyDeleteThanks for commenting, Maggie. Time for some cheer (the field of green). We had another mild winter here, and things have been blooming and sprouting away for quite a while now. However, just last night we had a light freeze, right after I'd finished pruning and planting a few things!
ReplyDeleteNicely evocative. It makes me wonder the what and why.
ReplyDeleteAdelaide
Thanks, Adelaide. It's a true story.
ReplyDeleteClassically poignant in a modern context. Line 3 makes a perfect pivot, allowing the poem to be read in several different ways and adding to its openness.
ReplyDeleteYes! I know this feeling. Deleting the email is like deleting him... I can "feel" this one. xo stace
ReplyDelete