So true . . . of so many things in life. By the way, congratulations on your poem’s inclusion in the book: Three Minus One, Janet. I’m so pleased for you.
and thanks about 3 - 1 too. rec'd my copy the other day, but I haven't read anything yet. they're about infant loss, so you have to be in the "right" frame of mind to start reading. I understand, though, that the essays, etc., are excellent. (there are mainly essays, plus several poems and a few photos sprinkled throughout.)
So true . . . of so many things in life. By the way, congratulations on your poem’s inclusion in the book: Three Minus One, Janet. I’m so pleased for you.
ReplyDeleteI echo Wendy's comment...so true! And congrats...you deserve it!
ReplyDeletemerci, you two, for reading and responding.
ReplyDeleteand thanks about 3 - 1 too. rec'd my copy the other day, but I haven't read anything yet. they're about infant loss, so you have to be in the "right" frame of mind to start reading. I understand, though, that the essays, etc., are excellent. (there are mainly essays, plus several poems and a few photos sprinkled throughout.)
Another poem that seems so simple and literal on the surface but which contains a thought-provoking metaphor.
ReplyDeletethank you, jenny. sometimes I "fear" I may be too quiet and simple!
ReplyDeleteso poignant! love it!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Susan, and glad you "got" it.
ReplyDeleteAs I mentioned above, my tanka tend to whisper instead of shout, and I wonder who might hear them.
I hear them and I feel them too <3
ReplyDeletethanks - I'm glad! :)
ReplyDelete