I never minded tiny spiders (and to me, some look cute). But after someone told me what happened to him after a small brown recluse bit him, I'm now kind of scared of all of them. ;)
I love the deeper meaning in this - the parts of ourselves or our relationships or even the world around us that we have yet to explore... excellent tanka!
I love your choice of "jaunts" and the metaphor that emerges from the last three lines!
ReplyDeleteSpiders make me "jaunt" across the floor! You always make the most skillful turns in your tanka.
ReplyDeleteThank you, the two Jens!
DeleteI never minded tiny spiders (and to me, some look cute). But after someone told me what happened to him after a small brown recluse bit him, I'm now kind of scared of all of them. ;)
Makes me think of a children's story - "The Jaunt of the House Spider" - charming and whimsical, Janet.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Wendy. How funny: I've never heard of that story.
DeleteI love the deeper meaning in this - the parts of ourselves or our relationships or even the world around us that we have yet to explore... excellent tanka!
ReplyDeletethank you, susan, for your post. yes, that's it - the little places we've yet to discover.
Deletewhen I wrote this one, I thought it might be too simple and bland. glad it's faring better than I thought it might. :)
Multilayered and thoughtful.
DeleteAdelaide
thanks, adelaide!!
Delete