Gail - Most of the weathered, old look of my house is deliberate (at least on the inside). Not sure I like feeling like it, though! Adelaide - I'm not sure if any of my parts are aging gracefully. ;)
I've always had an affinity for - and been very comfortable around - old, well used things. As things are playing out, perhaps that was a bit prophetic on my part. Ha! I enjoyed this tanka, Janet.
A beautiful house, I think.
ReplyDeleteWonderfully accurate of my house and me. Some parts are aging gracefully, but not all.
ReplyDeleteAdelaide
Gail - Most of the weathered, old look of my house is deliberate (at least on the inside). Not sure I like feeling like it, though!
ReplyDeleteAdelaide - I'm not sure if any of my parts are aging gracefully. ;)
I've always had an affinity for - and been very comfortable around - old, well used things. As things are playing out, perhaps that was a bit prophetic on my part. Ha! I enjoyed this tanka, Janet.
ReplyDeleteI v. much agree: sometimes old things are just better than newer, "perfect" things. Thanks!
DeleteThank you for visiting my blog and your kind comment.
ReplyDeleteThe wry humor in this is so relatable! I love old houses--they feel like home to me.
ReplyDelete