nestled
in succulent leaves,
a sign:
Don’t water the plant
It needs a dry spell
office building, Magnolia, Texas, USA
— Atlas Poetica, 20, January 2015
No dry spells here. It seems the rains just don't want to cease; we're way above average monthly rainfall totals. Our wet-weather creek at the back has probably run over. And to think that for two or three years earlier in this decade we were in "exceptional drought" mode!
I love this poem for the ironic metaphor in its closing lines--don't we all need occasional dry spells? Why?
ReplyDeletethanks, J., and glad the intended irony and metaphor came through for you.
ReplyDeleteI fear the strange weather. It has been unusually wet for us so I expect it to jump into a dry hot summer. Hope not. You can hear the grass growing.
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting. I think I was partial because he was a farmer but he has a wonderfully unique voice.
thanks for stopping by, Gail.
Delete