The mechanics of life can be exasperating. I've been trying to explain that to my grandson lately: "It won't work right if it doesn't have enough air ... water ... force ... speed ... whatever behind it." As if being 3 years old isn't bewildering enough. Ha!
Love the way your poems make the simplest, most literal observations, or--in this case--questions--which are suddenly and magically transformed into metaphor! How many more feet indeed? And those doors open onto. . .what?
And thanks, Jenny! I think I may sometimes tire of my metaphors. ;) I think I've been writing/thinking metaphorically or in a layered way since I was quite young, so perhaps I almost can't help myself, ha!
The mechanics of life can be exasperating. I've been trying to explain that to my grandson lately: "It won't work right if it doesn't have enough air ... water ... force ... speed ... whatever behind it." As if being 3 years old isn't bewildering enough. Ha!
ReplyDeleteLove the way your poems make the simplest, most literal observations, or--in this case--questions--which are suddenly and magically transformed into metaphor! How many more feet indeed? And those doors open onto. . .what?
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your post, Wendy!
ReplyDeleteAnd thanks, Jenny! I think I may sometimes tire of my metaphors. ;) I think I've been writing/thinking metaphorically or in a layered way since I was quite young, so perhaps I almost can't help myself, ha!