Sunday, September 11, 2016

Announcement: KYSO Flash HTP Contest Results

Recently, I received the surprising news of winning first place in the HTP Contest, a joint haibun and tanka prose competition administered by Clare MacQueen, editor/publisher extraordinaire of the innovative KYSO Flash online journal. To read my piece, "Approximations," as well as the other winning entries plus the semifinalist and publisher's choice entries, follow this link.

For commentaries by Matthew Paul, judge, follow this link.

Many thanks to Clare and Matthew!

8 comments:

  1. The news isn't really that surprising, Janet! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenny! It was certainly surprising to ME. ;-) I was simply hoping my TP could make it into the publisher's anthology.

      Delete
  2. I found your tanka/prose piece to be a wonderful capture - and no surprise that it did so well. Our little eccentricities about such things - especially - tiny living things, is so very "human". I enjoyed reading this. And congratulations, Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course you earned first place! A recognition well-deserved, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer. I never win anything, so that was a surprise!

      Delete