Wednesday, July 19, 2017

A change


a change
in the mood of the day—
bluebonnets
along the roadside,
seedpods in my pocket

red lights, spring 2017

____________________

I'm a little late with this post. Bluebonnet season here is roughly mid-March through mid-April. But now, in the worst of the scorching Texas heat, maybe it's nice to think of bluebonnets again?

I'm also slow in updating my blog in general and in visiting other people's blogs, unfortunately: busy with special poetry projects, not always in town, problems with my PC, problems with Blogger. But here I am again, for now!

6 comments:

  1. I don't think anything can change your mood, quite like a burst of flora. Different flora stir up different feelings. Daises always evoke, for me, a sense of pleasant, sweet simplicity ... so much so: I carried them in my wedding bouquet - one of the more pressure filled days of my life. And even that didn't change the way they make me feel. Smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charming, light-hearted & uplifting! Nice photo, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flowers always have the ability to cheer me up, any kind, wild or the hothouse kind.
    We've had too much heat up here, and I've been neglecting my blog, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, everyone, for continuing to read and post to my humble little blog!

      Delete