Tuesday, April 2, 2013

We Texans love our bluebonnets!

No poem right now—just a photo of wonderful bluebonnets, the state flower of Texas. It seems to be one of the best years in a long while for these and other wildflowers. They're not easy to get started; none grew from seed that I planted this year. Pictured here are a British neighbor's bluebonnets. He has massive numbers growing alongside his ditch and beyond down the road. Enjoy!


Guess I should pull out the bluebonnet tanka I tried to write last year ... In the meantime, if you want, you can revisit the wildflower poem, "on bare ground," that I posted earlier. 

3 comments:

  1. I love blue flowers. These are lovely

    blue bonnets
    on maniquins
    and growing wild;
    I pin one
    to the other

    Adelaide

    ReplyDelete
  2. jenny and adelaide - glad you like our blue flowers. mix some red indian paintbrush in there, plus some yellow daisies, etc., etc., and you have quite a nice, colorful scene. of course, all bluebonnets isn't too bad either!

    thanks for the poem, adelaide ... how very clever!

    ReplyDelete