I don't fret
about privacy,
these blinds open
to the midday sun
and the crow-black night
water flows
down our seasonal creek
as before
we learn how to let
the ripples just be
—both: Atlas Poetica, No. 14, Spring 2013
Today I walked out back to the wet-weather creek. It's been empty again for quite a while, due to our "extreme drought" conditions. Despite the recent rains, including heavy downpours this weekend, there is no water "flowing" down it now. But we do have mud—a good sign, I think, ha.

I love mud as a "good sign" ha! Not usually what I think of around here when boys track it in lol. Both of these speak to me of not worrying, and as I tend to be a worrier by nature I need that reminder! Peace, relax, just chill...yes...thank you!
ReplyDeleteI appreciate your feedback, Jennifer!
ReplyDeleteI need the reminder too.
May you always have clean (unmuddy) carpets!
There is real serenity in this - not just in not worrying about what we cannot change; but also in not concerning ourselves even if we might possibly alter something that - in the scheme of things - is inconsequential. The piece has a really pleasant vibe.
ReplyDeletethanks, wendy - and so glad you found serenity in these.
ReplyDeleteTwo nice reminders to be open to whatever comes--thanks for the little dose of serenity!
ReplyDeleteNice to see you again, Jenny. Thanks!
DeleteThe second one, especially, speaks to me, Janet. I love the "sound" of it . . . the use of the phrase "as before" in the pivot line. But then again "crow-black night:" is a wonderful image as well. Maggie
ReplyDeletethanks for stopping by, maggie!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you approve of that line 3; if you'd like, I can tell you a little story about it sometime.