tanka, other poetry, & insignificant writings of janet lynn davis
I love how line 5 opens the poem outward and inward with its many possible interpretations. The poem itself leaves an imprint.
thanks for your thoughtful comment, Jenny. I love watching deer; it's rare when I see a whole family of them on our property.
Yes, the fifth line is really unexpected - and yet, the rest of the piece seems to fall from it - in retrospect.
Hi, Wendy - thanks for the feedback!
Deer are so graceful...hope you get that shot. Looking forward to seeing it if you do. Lovely tanka Janet!
I love how line 5 opens the poem outward and inward with its many possible interpretations. The poem itself leaves an imprint.
ReplyDeletethanks for your thoughtful comment, Jenny.
ReplyDeleteI love watching deer; it's rare when I see a whole family of them on our property.
Yes, the fifth line is really unexpected - and yet, the rest of the piece seems to fall from it - in retrospect.
ReplyDeleteHi, Wendy - thanks for the feedback!
ReplyDeleteDeer are so graceful...hope you get that shot. Looking forward to seeing it if you do. Lovely tanka Janet!
ReplyDelete