childless, yet ...
memories of crimson suits
and ermine beards
..........drift to the surface
of my snowy mind
—Ribbons, Winter 2006, Vol. 2, No. 2
and ermine beards
..........drift to the surface
of my snowy mind
—Ribbons, Winter 2006, Vol. 2, No. 2
B E S T G R E E T I N G S O F T H E S E A S O N

I enjoyed both poem & photo. The child in each of us drifts to the surface at this season. Love your word choices: drift & snowy. Wishing you a wonderful holiday season!
ReplyDeleteLovely holiday tanka. I remember more about the toy land one department store set up than the store Santa. Each child who visited received a grab bag with some gift in it and some candy. More fun than sitting on Santa's lap.
ReplyDeleteAdelaide
Thank you, Jenny and Adelaide. And Happy Holidays to you too! I would have liked to have visited that Santa; the most we ever got was a polaroid photo and/or a candy cane. I'm not sure I really loved sitting on Santa's lap either. And one time Santa scolded me because I said I wanted a Barbie and Ken; he hinted that wanting two dolls was kind of greedy. I guess he didn't know they were small and not that expensive, but in any event, I never got them! ;)
ReplyDeleteThis is very sweet and stirred up a lot of Santa memories. I especially liked: "drift to the surface of my snowy mind". Wonderful!
ReplyDeletethanks - and enjoy the holidays!
ReplyDelete