Thursday, December 12, 2013

Tiny skaters

tiny skaters
twirling round a pond . . .
undiscovered
until now, this world
inside a music box

Skylark, 1:1, Summer 2013



Pictured above, the miniature music box I bought last December—from a shop in Illinois that I visited with my sister and her kids. In the tanka, though, I'm actually describing one of the other similar music boxes they had for sale; maybe I should buy it next. I wonder if my fascination with things delicate and diminutive will ever leave me.

6 comments:

  1. I'm happy to see the picture of it! I, too, love the idea of tiny worlds and hidden worlds. May that fascination never leave you, nor your awareness of the possibilities in what we do not see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, kind Jenny, for your response. (The photo is one of a different box, but it does at least give you an idea of the one described in the tanka.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Music boxes are enchanting. I like the one you bought. I wonder, what tune does it play? The one described in your tanka sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Jennifer. To know the tune of this one pictured, check back in a few days - when I will reveal that in a new post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I think, at this time of year, especially, those things that remind us of the magic of childhood tug at our heartstrings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wendy, I think you're right about the magic of childhood....

    ReplyDelete