tanka, other poetry, & insignificant writings of janet lynn davis
Thursday, July 23, 2015
Miles of rivers
miles of rivers and mountains between us— in no time word of his cancer spreads across the country —American Tanka, issue 25, June 2015 We've heard that it's returned.
I'm sorry about the news. The poem wonderfully captures the way we are bound together across distance in an age of instant communication. The word 'spreads' in L 5 is sadly apt.
Amazing blog and very interesting stuff you got here! I definitely learned a lot from reading through some of your earlier posts as well and decided to drop a comment on this one!
I'm sorry about the news. The poem wonderfully captures the way we are bound together across distance in an age of instant communication. The word 'spreads' in L 5 is sadly apt.
ReplyDeleteThanks - that was my intention!
DeleteThis must be bad news--so very sorry Janet!
ReplyDeleteThis was originally written 1-1/2 years ago, I think. But, yes, this person's C recently came back. Thanks for your thoughts.
DeleteBad news seems to travel faster than good news. I'm sorry about your friend or relative.
DeleteAdelaide
Thanks, Adelaide.
DeleteAmazing blog and very interesting stuff you got here! I definitely learned a lot from reading through some of your earlier posts as well and decided to drop a comment on this one!
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting and commenting!
Delete