Yes, a very moving piece, Janet. Sometimes, in life's twists and turns one finds oneself taking heart from the smallest, often previously insignificant, glimmer ... that something remains from that long ago time - that all is not lost.
Happy New Year, Janet. My hubby and I got new Grandpa and Grandma mugs for Christmas, hand painted by a grandaughter. I can't hold a cast iron skillet anymore, but, happily, I can still hold a mug.
This is so poignant!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Jenny! Happy Holidays and New Year.
DeleteYes, a very moving piece, Janet. Sometimes, in life's twists and turns one finds oneself taking heart from the smallest, often previously insignificant, glimmer ... that something remains from that long ago time - that all is not lost.
ReplyDeleteLove your reply, Wendy. Have a great Christmas.
DeleteOne of the best poems on the theme of aging I've read. Happy 2016 to you, Janet!
ReplyDeleteAnd happy 2016 to you, too. Thanks!
DeleteHappy New Year, Janet.
ReplyDeleteMy hubby and I got new Grandpa and Grandma mugs for Christmas, hand painted by a grandaughter. I can't hold a cast iron skillet anymore, but, happily, I can still hold a mug.
Adelaide
What a nice gift - and glad you can hold it!
Delete