tanka, other poetry, & insignificant writings of janet lynn davis
An entertaining poem about layers of misperception--a concrete object mistaken for a mark on paper mistaken for an illusion--and the effect is heightened by the slight warping of the words on the page.
I always learn something from your feedback, Jenny! As you probably can tell, the illustration is a photo from a page of GUSTS.
Ha! I so enjoyed the layers of humor in this piece.
Am glad - thanks!
Those floaters scare me sometimes, ha. Your piece made me smile!
Glad it made you smile, Jennifer!
P.S. I mentioned my floaters to an eye dr. recently. He assured me they're okay. But they sure can be annoying when I read!
Yup! Or gunk on my screen! Smiles to you!
Smiles to you, too, Audrey. Nice to see you.
An entertaining poem about layers of misperception--a concrete object mistaken for a mark on paper mistaken for an illusion--and the effect is heightened by the slight warping of the words on the page.
ReplyDeleteI always learn something from your feedback, Jenny!
DeleteAs you probably can tell, the illustration is a photo from a page of GUSTS.
Ha! I so enjoyed the layers of humor in this piece.
ReplyDeleteAm glad - thanks!
DeleteThose floaters scare me sometimes, ha. Your piece made me smile!
ReplyDeleteGlad it made you smile, Jennifer!
DeleteP.S. I mentioned my floaters to an eye dr. recently. He assured me they're okay. But they sure can be annoying when I read!
DeleteYup! Or gunk on my screen! Smiles to you!
ReplyDeleteSmiles to you, too, Audrey. Nice to see you.
Delete