Yes, love the metaphor, seamlessly tucked in there. I've been to Mount Rushmore. It is something to see. Your tanka brought back some wonderful memories of a long ago family road trip. Thanks.
Makes me want to see the site again! I saw it as a child and haven't been back since. Perfect for all the political goings-on we've got happening right now.
Just in time for 'Presidents' Day'--and quite intriguing if the upper verse is read as metaphor.
ReplyDeleteOh, I like your interpretation, Jenny.
ReplyDeleteYes, love the metaphor, seamlessly tucked in there. I've been to Mount Rushmore. It is something to see. Your tanka brought back some wonderful memories of a long ago family road trip. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteMakes me want to see the site again! I saw it as a child and haven't been back since. Perfect for all the political goings-on we've got happening right now.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Wendy and Jenny. I've never been there but do want to visit someday.
ReplyDelete