Certain objects - especially those possessions that belonged to longed ones - do evoke a strong sense (often bitter-sweet) of the passage of time. A lovely capture.
Thanks, you all. Jennifer, I often am told about the touch of humor in some of my poems. I don't deliberately add it, but it just seems to find a way in. ;-)
Nicely captures the contrasts and the connections between the generations.
ReplyDeleteYou win the award for the spot-on knack (pun intended ;-)) of placing rueful humor in your tanka. Splendid.
ReplyDeleteCertain objects - especially those possessions that belonged to longed ones - do evoke a strong sense (often bitter-sweet) of the passage of time. A lovely capture.
ReplyDeleteThe passage of time... the past and the present... both very well evoked.
ReplyDeleteAdelaide
Thanks, you all.
ReplyDeleteJennifer, I often am told about the touch of humor in some of my poems. I don't deliberately add it, but it just seems to find a way in. ;-)