tanka, other poetry, & insignificant writings of janet lynn davis
When a stranger warms our path that is definitely love. Nicely done Janet...made me feel warm too!
ah, thanks, jennifer!
Wonderful title, and a wonderful way to commemorate a kindness! I like how the warmth in Line 5 refers back to the soup in Line 1.
I loved the way you pinned “soup” – a timeless and definitive image of warmth for the body and soul - to warming a path. An inspired piece of wordsmithing, Janet.
thanks, jenny and wendy! my "muse" did that, not me. ;)I bought myself a copy of that recipe book too - looks v. good, though I hate to admit I've still not used it!!!
When a stranger warms our path that is definitely love. Nicely done Janet...made me feel warm too!
ReplyDeleteah, thanks, jennifer!
ReplyDeleteWonderful title, and a wonderful way to commemorate a kindness! I like how the warmth in Line 5 refers back to the soup in Line 1.
ReplyDeleteI loved the way you pinned “soup” – a timeless and definitive image of warmth for the body and soul - to warming a path. An inspired piece of wordsmithing, Janet.
ReplyDeletethanks, jenny and wendy! my "muse" did that, not me. ;)
ReplyDeleteI bought myself a copy of that recipe book too - looks v. good, though I hate to admit I've still not used it!!!