A very evocative poem. The last lines would seem so sad were it not for the presence of that guardian angel! Beautiful photo, too--such interesting color & texture.
We all eventually must turn to dust. That stump has recently turned to that almost-bluish-gray you see pictured. On the other side, I think, is where I first saw the sawdust. Now, the whole stump is disintegrating.
Wonderful photo. I thought, at first glance, that I was looking down on an angel with wings spread. The sawdust/dust to dust symbolism is so poignant. I agree with Jenny: a very evocative poem ... with those lovely nuanced layers you render so beautifully, Janet.
A very evocative poem. The last lines would seem so sad were it not for the presence of that guardian angel! Beautiful photo, too--such interesting color & texture.
ReplyDeleteWe all eventually must turn to dust.
ReplyDeleteThat stump has recently turned to that almost-bluish-gray you see pictured. On the other side, I think, is where I first saw the sawdust. Now, the whole stump is disintegrating.
Where will I put my angel statue now?
ReplyDeleteWonderful photo. I thought, at first glance, that I was looking down on an angel with wings spread. The sawdust/dust to dust symbolism is so poignant. I agree with Jenny: a very evocative poem ... with those lovely nuanced layers you render so beautifully, Janet.
ReplyDeletethank you for visiting and commenting, wendy!
DeleteQuite symbolic!
ReplyDeletethanks for stopping by!
Delete