tanka, other poetry, & insignificant writings of janet lynn davis
I like the way the gloves elicit both a memory and the narrator's awareness of aging. An effective jux.
Back then, I wore gloves because it was the fashion; now I wear them because my hands are always cold. Adelaide
Love the oh-so-human humor in this - pretty much the direction my mind goes in whenever I attempt a bit of 'glam' ... and pinning that observation against a long-ago memory is lovely.
I agree with Jenny and Wendy!
Thanks, everyone!Slow to visit people's blogs, slow to post here -- for a host of reasons recently, including no internet service.
I like the way the gloves elicit both a memory and the narrator's awareness of aging. An effective jux.
ReplyDeleteBack then, I wore gloves because it was the fashion; now I wear them because my hands are always cold.
ReplyDeleteAdelaide
Love the oh-so-human humor in this - pretty much the direction my mind goes in whenever I attempt a bit of 'glam' ... and pinning that observation against a long-ago memory is lovely.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Jenny and Wendy!
ReplyDeleteThanks, everyone!
ReplyDeleteSlow to visit people's blogs, slow to post here -- for a host of reasons recently, including no internet service.